Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dallas Child Photographer | {Emma} Two

Let me start out this post with explaining that I had never driven through downtown Dallas on my own yet. Boy. was that. fun. At this time I will reference a conversation one teen had with my husband not too long ago:

       Teen - "Bro. Tyler, is Miss Tori a bad driver?"
       The hubs - "I wouldn't say that. I'd say that she's more of a distracted driver"

Bound and determined to make it from the small town of Burleson to the Dallas Arboretum on time, I decided not to ask for help. Instead, I relied on the trusty Google map on my iPhone :) (<--extra smile tucked in there for ya).

Everything was going well until...I came to my first mixmaster in the Dallas area. There I was with my arm extended, eyes squinting to see the phone screen in front of my face. I thought I was going the right direction when the blinking blue dot began to veer off of the prescribed path.

"Ahhh! Oh no. No-no-no-no-no-no-no! Stink!"

Long story short, I turned around got back on 30West and arrived at my destination at the exact same time as my client! Save.

We had such a lovely time, Emma and I. She's such a happy, little camper! I can't tell you how busy she kept me! I was running and crouching, pausing and applauding...We had fun. Lot's of fun :) We also found out that the City of Dallas has a lovely ordinance forbidding the changing of clothes inside the arboretum. So, because we didn't have all the wardrobe changes that any sugar pie would need, I'll be showing up at her off-the-chain birthday party in May! There WILL be tu-tu's and dresses and cuteness galore!!! Yay, I can't wait! (can you tell? exclamation point, exclamation point, exclamation point...)

But until then, these captures must suffice.
The bubbles were more fun to eat than play with ;)
Emma's Momma, Erica, is just gorgeous
Thanks for the memories, Emma!
:)Tori

2 comments:

  1. So sweet Tori! What fun this must have been! {And, I just have to say that my dear Garmin has nearly saved my life... *wink*}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And (about the GPS) I hear ya, girrrl!

    ReplyDelete