Thursday, April 4, 2013

A bus, chickens, canoes, and what happens when you do your homework...Jupiter Farms [Engstrom Family]

When a family I've known for a good thirteen years messages me on facebook asking about a family session, you can bet I'm gonna be thrilled. And when I get thrilled, I'm gonna think and dream and write back and ask lots of silly questions. And when I start asking questions it kinda becomes like homework. And when clients get homework it'll either overwhelm my clients or get them thinking. And when they get thinking...Ok, I'm done. 

It's so much cuter when it's about a mouse and a cookie.

Julie got thinking. And she thought and she thought. She climbed mountains and she dreamed dreams. She had a list of things they loved and places they enjoyed. She called the day before and asked about a few more things and I exclaimed "yes!" with all my heart. And never before have I been so proud of a client for working so hard to make their session reflect who they are. I felt like a mother hen releasing her baby chicks into the Wild to learn to fly free and be hero...chickens?


Anywho. 

We began our session in the backyard of the grandparents where Brookie's chicken pets live. All four ladies were quite lovely, pretty friendly and holdable. (Mind you, Brookie was doing all the holding. *no chickens were harmed in the making of these frames) Then we headed down to where Julie parks her bus.


Yes.

Her bus. 

HOW COOL IS SHE!? 

She had been praying that the Lord would open doors for her to work at the school where her kids attend for a long time. The Lord answered her prayer and she became a bus driver, and she absolutely LERVES it. It's gotta be pretty sweet to get first dibs on your seat er' mornin' on the way to school, yo'.


We wrapped up our session down at Riverbend Park, in Jupiter Farms, FL, where the family loves to bike, hike, canoe and wrestle alligators---OK I'm fabricating about the 'gators. 

Such a wonderful time, with a wonderful family, doing what they really love. And that's why it pays to do your homework, students ;)

Your story is so fun! and happy! And so beautiful, Engstrom family!!!
:) Tori

















2 comments: